Portland Rock Gym Guiding
Portland Rock Gym Guides is Portland’s foremost outdoor guiding service. PRG has been providing the Pacific Northwest with the best indoor climbing instruction since 1988. That training is also available outside, bringing together unparalleled education and a memorable adventure.
PRG Guides offers clients full or half day adventures to beautiful local climbing destinations in the Columbia River Gorge, as well as world class climbing at Smith Rock State Park – the birthplace of sport climbing in the US.
Get outside for one on one instruction or gather a group of friends together for an unforgettable experience. First-time climbers and seasoned veterans alike can climb more challenging routes, improve existing skills, and create new ones!
- Highly trained and experienced AMGA certified instructors.
- All ropes, draws, anchors and rock protection.
- Helmets, shoes, and harness.
- A fantastic and memorable outing!
- We will keep a 1:6 ratio of guide to client.
- Guides will meet the clients at the climbing area.
- $100 deposit required at time of booking.
- There is a 10% rescheduling fee (based on the total cost of their planned activity).
- Cancellations will not receive their deposit back.
- If the weather is too adverse to climb, we will first try to change the venue. If that is not possible, we will try to reschedule free of charge. If a reschedule is not possible then the amount paid will be returned.
Half & Full Day Options
Looking to spend a half or full day exploring a local climbing area with a professional guide? There are so many wonderful areas within an hour of Portland, some even as close as 20 minutes away from downtown. Check out these three day trips we’ve put together for your enjoyment (click each trip for more specific information):
Contact us to plan your trip or learn more!
Outside Classes & Clinics
When the weather is warm, our climbing instruction heads outside! Be sure to check out our Gym to Crag, Lead, Crack, and Trad outdoor clinics.
Portland Rock Gym Guides is committed to maintaining the most current training and certification industry standards of the American Mountain Guide Association (AMGA).