UPDATED 4/11/2021 @ 8:31PM
Guidance regarding how best to minimize risk of infection has, and will continue to, change over the course of this pandemic. This page will always be kept up to date with everything that you need to know to use the gym during COVID-19.
Due to Multnomah County relaxing its COVID-19 Guidelines, Portland Rock Gym is now open to everyone and reservations will be up to 3 hours in length before 5pm, up to 2 hours in length after 5pm and on the weekends! Yoga classes returned on Monday 2/15 Reservations are required in advance to guarantee a spot.
Our hours are:
Mon, Wed, Fri 11AM-11PM
Tue, Thu 7AM-11PM
Please wear your masks and avoid gatherings so that we can all get back to the activities we love. Thank you!
Classes, Programs, Guiding, and Yoga
Outdoor Guiding Our outdoor guiding season is fast approaching! Regularly scheduled guiding will return to the calendar May first. If you don't mind the possibility having to reschedule due to weather and want to get a jump on the season, you should book a custom outing! Please email: email@example.com
Intro Classes resumed twice weekly on Wednesdays and Saturdays Starting Wednesday 2/24!
Lead Classes resumed on weekends starting Saturday 2/27!
Yoga classes resumed daily on Monday 2/15! Welcome back Tasha, Lexi, & Christina 😀
COVID-19 Customer Protocol
Below are our COVID-19 specific rules designed to minimize risk of infection. These rules will actively be enforced by our staff. We have the right to refuse service to anyone not following these rules. If you learn that you may have used the gym while carrying COVID-19, contact us so that we can assist local health authorities with contact tracing. Thank you for your understanding!
- We require that you book your climb-time and zone ahead of arriving.
- Confirm your contact information at the front desk upon arrival to ease contact tracing and communication regarding future rules changes.
- A mask is required at all times, including while you climb. Bandannas and other loose cloth coverings don't count as masks. Complementary single-use masks are available in case you forgot yours at home.
- We will be checking temperatures at check in. If your temperature is 100.4 or greater you will not be permitted to use the gym until 48 hours after your fever has subsided without medication. Do not visit the gym if you are sick or displaying any symptoms of infection: cough, chills, fever, sore throat, muscle pain, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, new loss of sense of taste or smell.
- Show up dressed and ready to climb! Locker rooms and showers will be closed and we want to minimize congregation around cubbies.
- Rentals will be limited to shoes, harnesses, and belay devices. We will not be renting out yoga mats until the county sees a "Low Risk" designation. New Prana ECO Mats are available to purchase at the front.
- Only liquid chalk is permitted. We have liquid chalk available for purchase at the front desk. Chalk balls can be used to re-chalk while rope climbing. Your initial chalk up on the ground must be with liquid chalk. Boulderers must use liquid chalk.
- Wash your hands thoroughly before and after climbing.
- Climbing will take place in limited capacity “Zones” outlined each day in order to social distance appropriately. Physically distance yourself from other climbers by at least 6 ft. Climbers must be at least 1 anchor apart.
- Drinking fountains will be limited to the bottle filling station upstairs.
- In addition to checking-in when you arrive, you will be asked to check-out when you leave and exit through the bike garage exit on Couch St.
These rules will actively be enforced by our staff. We have the right to refuse service to anyone not following these rules. Thank you for your understanding!
So long as our hours are limited, we will be waiving our membership freeze fee (normally $10 per month).