UPDATED 1/07/2021 @ 4:40PM
Guidance regarding how best to minimize risk of infection has, and will continue to, change over the course of this pandemic. This page will always be kept up to date with everything that you need to know to use the gym during COVID-19.
Due to Oregon's "Extreme Risk" COVID-19 Guidelines, we are temporarily closed to the public and unable to offer youth programs. These new guidelines took effect in Multnomah County on 12/03/2020. Please wear your masks and avoid gatherings so that we can all get back to the activities we love. Thank you!
Classes, Programs, Guiding, and Yoga
Outdoor Guiding for groups of four or smaller will continue during the closure. However due to the seasonal weather, all regularly scheduled guiding has been removed from the calendar for the remainder of the season. If you don't mind the possibility having to reschedule multiple times due to weather and you'd like to book a custom outing, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Intro Classes will resume on Wednesdays and Saturdays upon the easing of the county-wide Extreme Risk designation.
Lead Classes will resume on weekends upon the easing of the county-wide Extreme Risk designation.
Yoga classes will resume daily upon the easing of the county-wide Extreme Risk designation. Please check out your favorite instructor on social media.
Once we are able to reopen to the public: the gym will be limited to 50 climbers at any given time. This limit easily allows for more than 11 ft of social distancing to occur for everyone throughout the gym (or much more than that if you account for vertical space). Reservations will be required to access the gym. They will be able to be made as early as 5 days in advance of the climbing time. Click the button below to see where those reservations will be made. Save that booking page as a favorite to make frequent reservations a smoother experience.
COVID-19 Customer Protocol
Below are our COVID-19 specific rules designed to minimize risk of infection. These rules will actively be enforced by our staff. We have the right to refuse service to anyone not following these rules. If you learn that you may have used the gym while carrying COVID-19, contact us so that we can assist local health authorities with contact tracing. Thank you for your understanding!
- We require that you book your climb-time ahead of arriving to guarantee availability and to prevent congregation in the lobby.
- Confirm your contact information at the front desk upon arrival to ease contact tracing and communication regarding future rules changes.
- A mask is required at all times, including while you climb. Bandannas and other loose cloth coverings don't count as masks. Complementary single-use masks are available in case you forgot yours at home.
- We will be checking temperatures at check in. If your temperature is 100.4 or greater you will not be permitted to use the gym until 48 hours after your fever has subsided without medication. Do not visit the gym if you are sick or displaying any symptoms of infection: cough, chills, fever, sore throat, muscle pain, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, new loss of sense of taste or smell.
- Show up dressed and ready to climb. Locker rooms and showers will be closed and we want to minimize congregation around cubbies.
- Rentals will be limited to shoes, harnesses, and belay devices. We will not be renting out yoga mats until the county sees a "Low Risk" designation. New Prana ECO Mats are available to purchase at the front.
- Only liquid chalk is permitted. We have liquid chalk available for purchase at the front desk.
- Wash your hands thoroughly before and after climbing.
- Climbing will take place in limited capacity “Zones” outlined each day in order to social distance appropriately. Physically distance yourself from other climbers by at least 6 ft.
- Drinking fountains will be limited to the bottle filling station upstairs.
- In addition to checking-in when you arrive, you will be asked to check-out when you leave and exit through the bike garage exit on Couch St.
These rules will actively be enforced by our staff. We have the right to refuse service to anyone not following these rules. Thank you for your understanding!
So long as our hours are limited, we will be waiving our membership freeze fee (normally $10 per month).